Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Evaluate patients, plan treatment programs, and perform occupational therapy procedures to restore function, prevent disability, reduce pain and maximize potential and quality of life following disease, injury or surgery.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Evaluate and assess patient’s functional status. Such areas of assessment include ADL and independent living skills, joint function and protection, coordination, endurance, body mechanics and positioning, assistive equipment and prosthetic devices, home environment and management, cognitive and social skills etc.
- Develop realistic, functional goals mutually agreed upon with the patient / family.
- Employ principles of teaching and learning to educate patients and their families in the knowledge and skills that promote restoration of function for optimal participation in activities of daily living (work, school, community, recreation).
- Perform treatment according to the established plan, utilizing all available modalities, equipment and techniques within the scope of occupational therapy.
- Document assessment, plan, all care given, and the patient response in the patient record.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient’s care, rehabilitation programs, and related rehabilitation activities.
- Actively participate in case conference, care rounds, and family meetings to progress patient toward rehab goals and discharge planning.
- Re-evaluate patients, assess their progress, and make recommendations as to their discharge planning.
- Maintain professional standards by participating in inservices and hospital / department requirements.
- Delegates, directs, and supervises implementation of care to COTA, PCT, and occupational therapy students.
Demonstrate basic competency with static splinting.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: